Winner Takes All – Baby Shower Game
This is a great babyshower game, and best used near the end of the babyshower.
A Bottle of All Detergent
A Bank for the Baby
Here are some quick instructions of what to do:
At this point, guests should be comfortable enough with each other, especially after playing a few other games, and mingling.
- Explain that the game is called “WINNER TAKES ALL”, and that you will collect any amount of money from each guest, no matter how much or how little they are willing to give. Tell them that the person who comes closest to guessing the total amount in the bag wins.
- Collect the money from the guess, and place it in a Bank for the baby, and try not to let everyone see how much money is being put in the bank. As they give you their money, hand them a piece of blank paper so that they can guess how much is in the bank. Be sure to have them included their name.
- Count the money away from the guests (of course)
- While you are counting the money, have the guests write down how much money they think was collected.
- Come back in and collect the pieces of paper.
- Whoever guesses the closest to the amount in the bankWINS.
- Remember to say WINNER takes ALL
Yup, so actually they will a bottle of ALL, but they also helped the new baby and the parents.
It’s a very fun game, and people are surprised all the time that they don’t get money. Everyone gets a kick out of it, and the new mom gets cash for baby!
Try it at your next babyshower. I am sure it will be hit! If it is, mention that you heard about it from Wee Bit Trendy! Thanks!
Now you can tweak this game as you like, our suggestions:
Everyone who is going to play at least puts a dollar in the bag.
“Price is Right Rules” apply, you have to guess the amount without going over.
Also, you can also use something other than a bank if you think the bank will give the game away. I found the game to much more of a success when we used a bag instead of a bank. We then tranferred the money collected into a bank that was a part of the centerpiece. :)